What’s our tip for the biggest denim trend in 2014? Destroyed denim in straight leg boyfriend style – cuffed of course! And you don’t have to break the bank to get the coolest pair around – the trendy-but-cheap brand Blank NYC does fantastic gear, and our favourite ‘The Galaxy in Flavor Savor’ comes in at just $88 USD. Jessica Alba has been photographed so many times in her pair that you know they must be cutting edge cool!
So, other than the fantastic price and the Jessica Alba/Kourtney Kardashian tick of approval – why is The Galaxy from Blank NYC our pick for 2014?
* They are destroyed, but not so destroyed you feel ridiculous. They are also a flattering mid-blue – not so light you have flashbacks of the 80′s and wonder how huge your bottom looks in such a light shade.
* Boyfriend cuts can (and mostly are) just too ’80′s boyfriend’ – with a waist so high it almost touches your bra and makes your bum look enormous. This pair is utterly perfect – not too low that your undies are out every time you sit down, not so high your bum looks twice its actual size. They sit nicely at the hip and look equally cool with a belt.
* Straight legged, they are still slim fitting and cuff beautifully. They are also long enough to roll down over boots in winter, and look great with sandals, heels or ankle boots…
* After years of squeezing into skinnies, you will be utterly relieved to wear a pair of jeans with some space! Break into a non-awkward run, walk comfortably up stairs, and have a fat day – we dare you!
* Blank NYC runs to a Size 31 (about a Size 17 Australian).
TIP: These jeans are a cotton stretch blend and run very true to size. If you know your standard size and usually have to size down in stretch jeans, do so with these jeans too. For example – if you normally fit a Size 28 in cotton (no stretch) jeans, but usually have to buy a Size 27 in stretch jeans – this will also be true for the Galaxy Jean.
Can’t quite face ripped jeans? Blank NYC also do similar straight leg/relaxed cuts – without the rips (we love the embroidered pair!).
Where to get your Blank NYC? The inter webs of course, as you won’t find them in Australian shops.
Blank NYC – shipping comes in at about $25 to Australia with USPS, however they don’t ship to PO Boxes.
SHOPBOP - shipping is only $10 Fedex to street addresses (3 working days to Australian cities). If you combine your order to total over $100 USD, shipping is free.
Boutique To You – Shipping is $23 to Australia with USPS – and they do ship to PO Boxes. This is one of our absolute favourite shops too!
Happy shopping! X